To advance the quality and delivery of Special Education services in our schools.
To provide vital information and support to parents of
Special Education students.
Recognizing that every child deserves excellence in education and a quality life, the purpose of the East Islip SEPTO is to serve the special education student and their families by:
1) Providing vital information and support to parents through sponsorship of forums, discussion groups and workshops in order to enhance parentís efforts to maximize the potential of their children;
2) Training parents to be partners in education through networking opportunities with teachers, educators and other professionals;
3) Creating a mutually supportive environment for parents of both younger and older special education students to share experiences, resources and expertise;
4) Advocating for the issues affecting special education students and their families.
5) To promote the welfare of children and youth in home, school, and community.
6) To advocate for adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth,
7) To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth, and
8) To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social, education.